Soooo, as if Marti and I haven't come up with enough crafty shenanigans (some of which coming up are SO FREAKING COOL, may I just add), we've decided to add another one to our proverbial plates - this one, not so crafty-related, hence the new BLOG!

So every month we've decided to set three 'small' goals for ourselves each in the categories of diet and exercise. We will focus on those goals for the entire month so as to not overwhelm ourselves or ask too much of ourselves (for now) so the temptation to quit is more unlikely (we're hoping!). If you wanna participate, feel free and let us know how it's working out for you! Or if you've got any tips, tricks, encouragement or suggestions, we ALWAYS want to hear them, so be sure to let us know!

Here we gooooo...


Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Running for a Cause...

...I DID IT!

Well, I haven't actually done anything yet, but I started the first part! I signed up for the CIBC Run for the Cure event! It's basically a fundraising program to raise funding and awareness for breast cancer. It's a 5 k distance and you can choose to run it or walk it...and guess what this crafty loser is going to do? I'm RUNNIN' IT, BABY!

I figure that having three little goals every month is fine and dandywith the long-term goal of losing weight being the object being awesome, but I thought that I needed to have an ACTUAL goal to really work towards. I mean, losing weight is always an on-going thing so there is never anything to work towards, or build up to. So I saw a Run for the Cure commercial and I was IN!

I signed up this morning and I've already got donations from people who would like to support me on my run and would like to support the cause that I'm running for! You can't beat that in inspiration! Plus, if people have already donated money, I'm definitely accountable to them to actually complete it, right?

The run isn't until October 4, so I think I signed up at a perfect time. It gives me a lot of time to train and to fail (undoubtedly, I'll quit a bunch of times and wonder what the whole point is) and get up and get going again! I think this will really help because even when I do start to wonder what the whole point is of even trying and blah blah blah and I get all Debbie Downer on myself, I can always remind myself that there is ALWAYS a point to fundraising for a cause - especially this cause. Nowadays, who doesn't know anyone who is suffering from cancer or know someone who isn't affected by cancer? If my doing this helps more people than just me out and along the way I happen to lose weight, then I'm thinking it's a win-win situation! *fist pump* Yes, I did the fist pump!

So if you've got a CIBC Run for the Cure around your area, consider registering as a participant or even as a volunteer! This even is 100% volunteer driven, so I know that they'll always find a place for a helping hand. If it isn't around your area, maybe look for something similar around you or if it's just not your 'thang' just yet, maybe you'd like to sponsor me on my run and in turn support those that I'm running for!

Here's my Run for the Cure Donation Page: https://www.cibcrunforthecure.com/html/p.asp?t=3317742&l=1

I am now off to my Zumba class! I'll leave you with a quick peek at a video I found when I first wanted to know what this Zumba business was all about!


WORKING OUT TO:


Dont Cha - Pussycat Dolls

1 comment:

~BridgetL~ said...

That's great. I know you will do awesome at this. You have plenty of time to get ready. I have one in Dec. I walked it last yr. This yr I hope to run it.
Zumba, I need to find a class near me. Looks like fun!