Soooo, as if Marti and I haven't come up with enough crafty shenanigans (some of which coming up are SO FREAKING COOL, may I just add), we've decided to add another one to our proverbial plates - this one, not so crafty-related, hence the new BLOG!

So every month we've decided to set three 'small' goals for ourselves each in the categories of diet and exercise. We will focus on those goals for the entire month so as to not overwhelm ourselves or ask too much of ourselves (for now) so the temptation to quit is more unlikely (we're hoping!). If you wanna participate, feel free and let us know how it's working out for you! Or if you've got any tips, tricks, encouragement or suggestions, we ALWAYS want to hear them, so be sure to let us know!

Here we gooooo...


Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Letters I'll Never Send: Part I

Dear Bladder,
Control yourself, for crying out loud! You do NOT need to make yourself known every five minutes. Attention hog...there are disorders for your type of attitude.

Sincerely,
The toilet ring mark on the back of my thighs

Dear Infomercial Control Underwear,
You are totally NOT what you were advertised to be. I should have known...when an infomercial advertises that you hide bulges and bumps and the models are SKINNY people to begin with...what should I have expected? Although I do have to say that you weren't all lies...you did flatten out my belly somewhat...but you pushed everything all upwards so it looks like I've got four boobs. Your informercial didn't advertise that!

Sincerely,
The quadruple boobs

Dear Chin,
Why are there two of you everytime I look at myself in the mirror or see pictures of myself? It's like when I've had too much to drink and end up with double vision...

Sincerely,
Unfortunately Sober

Dear Mirror Manufacturers,
You've seriously got to do something about your craftsmanship. It seems like all the mirrors you've been making are such poor quality that the images in them are being distorted. What's even weirder is that it only happens sometimes...you should look into that. You're giving people a false sense of self-image and are contributing to poor self-esteem.

Sincerely,
Distored Reflection

Dear Belly,
No you are not pregnant! Stop looking like you are so people will stop asking me if I am! Don't you growl at me...

Sincerely,
Not-with-Child

Dear Peanut Butter Cups,
Are you SURE the package is right when it says you have THAT many grams of FAT?!

Sincerely,
Skeptical One

Dear Thighs,
I would really appreciate it if you could fight off the chocolate, chicken, juice, butter and heavily dressed salad that I ate last night. I'm got a bridesmaid's dress to fit into in a couple of weeks and I would appreciate it if you didn't look more prominent than my four boobs (thanks to the aforementioned useless control underwear). I'd also appreciate it if you could possibly send out a message to my metabolism and tell them to hurry their freakin' selves up and burn off all the fat that I consumed yesterday (and quite possibly will today). Thank you. I look forward to your reply.

Sincerely,
Expectant Weight Loser

WORKING OUT TO:


When I Grow Up - Pussycat Dolls

No comments: