Soooo, as if Marti and I haven't come up with enough crafty shenanigans (some of which coming up are SO FREAKING COOL, may I just add), we've decided to add another one to our proverbial plates - this one, not so crafty-related, hence the new BLOG!

So every month we've decided to set three 'small' goals for ourselves each in the categories of diet and exercise. We will focus on those goals for the entire month so as to not overwhelm ourselves or ask too much of ourselves (for now) so the temptation to quit is more unlikely (we're hoping!). If you wanna participate, feel free and let us know how it's working out for you! Or if you've got any tips, tricks, encouragement or suggestions, we ALWAYS want to hear them, so be sure to let us know!

Here we gooooo...


Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Day 1: It seems like every five minutes...

...I have to go to the bathroom! This whole 'drink as much water as I can' is getting ridiculous! *LOL* I've taken to just holding it because I'm in the middle of doing something and just don't have time to go!

Anywho, besides that, the first day came and went without too much trouble. Of course, the second you acknowledge that you're going to be eating healthier and have portion control etc., is the second that you start to feel HUNGRY!

I ended having four very tall glasses of water throughout the day and for lunch I ate the lunch that my mom brought me from home (one small piece of fried chicken, a small container of rice and bok choy). After work, I was bad and stopped off at McDonald's and got myself a grilled chicken snack wrap (because I wasn't really prepared, I didn't have snacks or anything throughout the day) and that held me over until it was dinner time. Bart and I went to this $0.49 chicken wing event at a nearby restaurant and I had 10 chicken wings (with Jamaican Jerk dry rub) and since I wasn't allowed to have pop, I got another glass of water. Unfortunately, the deal with the wings is that it's $0.49 with the purchase of a drink, so I got a strawberry daicquiri instead! BWAHAHAAHA...

Confession: I also ate 12 Ritz crackers last night after we stopped at the grocery store to buy me more healthy snack options for the rest of the week and to plan our dinners...eek! 6 Ritz crackers have 100 calories and with my 12, I ended up with a 200 calorie snack....on top of the grilled chicken snack wrap I had to consume an hour before that...and before the 10 chicken wings I ate after that....

For exercise, Bart and I took Chewy for a nice long walk (it was about a half hour walk alternating between brisk walking and strolling).

And THAT was DAY ONE!

- Catherine

WORKING OUT TO:


Gasolina - Daddy Yankee

No comments: