Soooo, as if Marti and I haven't come up with enough crafty shenanigans (some of which coming up are SO FREAKING COOL, may I just add), we've decided to add another one to our proverbial plates - this one, not so crafty-related, hence the new BLOG!

So every month we've decided to set three 'small' goals for ourselves each in the categories of diet and exercise. We will focus on those goals for the entire month so as to not overwhelm ourselves or ask too much of ourselves (for now) so the temptation to quit is more unlikely (we're hoping!). If you wanna participate, feel free and let us know how it's working out for you! Or if you've got any tips, tricks, encouragement or suggestions, we ALWAYS want to hear them, so be sure to let us know!

Here we gooooo...


Thursday, May 7, 2009

Day 2: Of This I am Certain...

...BodyCombat was invented by the devil.

I can barely type this and to reach for things, I have to actually turn my WHOLE body around and reach slowly. *LOL* O.M.G.

So last night was my once at the gym for a week day and I had decided that to make the most out of it and get the most impact, I would go to BodyCombat. It's a one hour cardio class that mixes kickboxing and martial arts (ie. tae bo and karate). After the first ten minutes, I couldn't tell what was running down my face anymore, sweat or tears...probably a combination of both! My friend Tammy had come along with me to make sure that I went and finished the whole class and even she was all splotchy and sweaty after the first ten. It would have been an awesome workout if I hadn't pretty much run out of energy after the half-hour mark. But I'm not getting discouraged or quitting! It was only my first time and I'm hoping that next week will be better!


This is what I mean what I say "a glass" of water


In terms of the diet portion, I'm still sticking to the baby step goals. I had three tall glasses of water at work and then a LOT of water at the gym - CONFESSION - I was actually resorting to taking water breaks just so I wouldn't have to keep kick-punch-jabbing anymore...*LOL* and a few more glasses when I got home from the gym. I had water with ALL my meals and yay for me, I was even able to have breakfast yesterday! Here's the low-down:

Breakfast
Two waffles
Small amount of margarine (definitely a lot less than what I would normally put on it)
Table spoon of maple syrup for each waffle

Snack
Non-fat vanilla yogurt with a little bit of frosted flakes sprinkled on top for some crunch
6 Ritz Crackers (I know, not really the best, but they're SOOOO GOOD!)

Lunch
Small personal pizza from Pizza Hut

Snack
The rest of my non-fat vanilla yogurt with the rest of the frosted flakes sprinkled on top
A microwaved poached egg before the gym

Dinner
Home cooked pork souvlaki with tzatziki sauce
Greek salad with light Greek dressing

Confession: Had another snack a couple hours after dinner as I was still feeling a bit hungry...I had a light tapioca pudding cup. For some reason, I was craving something SWEET!

Ta-daaaa, so that was Day 2 for me! I have no idea why, whenever I'm NOT on a diet, I can go through the day without snacks or feeling so hungry, but all of a sudden, as soon as I tell myself I'm going to portion control and eat more sensibly, I feel hungry the WHOLE day! AAARGH!

Ah well! I'm sure it's because that whole reverse psychology/opposite thoughts thing is happening...because I'm telling myself NOT to eat as much, my brain is only hearing EAT!

I took some pictures last night, but silly me passed out before I could upload them so I'll have to get them uploaded and posted later on today or this evening. I think to REALLY get the full benefit of doing this publicly and being accountable to the blog and to myself, I've gotta do the whole nine yards which means a before picture (which will hopefully look WAY different from the after picture! *cross fingers*) and an official weigh-in *makes wrinkle-face*...

Let's DO THIS!!!

WORKING OUT TO:


Smack That - Akon Feat Eminem