Soooo, as if Marti and I haven't come up with enough crafty shenanigans (some of which coming up are SO FREAKING COOL, may I just add), we've decided to add another one to our proverbial plates - this one, not so crafty-related, hence the new BLOG!

So every month we've decided to set three 'small' goals for ourselves each in the categories of diet and exercise. We will focus on those goals for the entire month so as to not overwhelm ourselves or ask too much of ourselves (for now) so the temptation to quit is more unlikely (we're hoping!). If you wanna participate, feel free and let us know how it's working out for you! Or if you've got any tips, tricks, encouragement or suggestions, we ALWAYS want to hear them, so be sure to let us know!

Here we gooooo...


Thursday, May 21, 2009

Day 14: Two weeks ago today...

...I was pushed to my limit. I couldn't take anymore...couldn't go one more day being the same weight, eating the same crappy food and getting sick every other week or so. So I decided that it was time to not only try to lose weight, but to get HEALTHY - plus my pants kept falling down.

I can see how you'd be thinking, "Why would you be trying to lose weight if your pants keep falling down?" and it's because my stomach kept pushing it down! *LOL* I kid you not, my pants...my underwear...anything I wear around that area kept getting pushed right down, or rolling down because of my stomach. UGH! I was getting tired of pulling up my pants, sitting down and having my stomach flop the pants right on over and I'd have to get up again and pull my pants back up. So no more!

So apparently, I can't stifle the need to keep buying fitness-y things. As if this stuff that I'm buying would actually make me lose weight (it would - if I used it!) I can really see Bart trying to bite his tongue when I came in with yet another bag...whatever, he's the one who suggested separate bank accounts! *LOL*

I have been hearing nothing but good reviews about this, so I'm very excited to try it out. Maybe it'll be the one in a million fitness-y things that I buy that will really get me this commitmentphobe to really settle down with a fitness solution. I highly doubt it because that's what I said about the Wii Fit and the Wii Dance Dance Revolution and the trampoline and the weights and the books...*LOL* To be fair, I still hop on the trampoline every time I walk by it so it still gets my heart rate up. So I'll give that a try tomorrow morning and I'll definitely let you know what's what!

I'd like to introduce you to my breakfast.

If I had to give a review, I'll have you know that I'll be a raving lunatic about this microwave egg cooker. It's So.Freakin'.AWESOME! I don't know how I lived this long without one. My coworker gave it to me so I have no idea who it's made by or where you could get them. Google it, maybe? Awesome, awesome! So that's my delicious poached egg in there, with a little bit of salt and pepper! Mmmm!

..and this is snack time! Stopped off at the grocery store before work to pick up these packages. I passed on the regular veggie dip and picked up this creamy yogurt dip in ranch. It's not too bad...gets the veggies down the trap, I guess. And behind the snacks is the piles of paperwork waiting to be worked on...*LOL* I mean...*coughs* Paperwork that I am DILIGENTLY working on!

I stayed pretty good during dinner as well, went over to subway and had a 6" sub (instead of my usual footlong) with light mayo. I did get cheese on it though...which I didn't really taste, so next go around, I think I'll try to see if I can tell the difference if there's no cheese at all. For lunch, my mom and I just drove back to her place and ate porkchops in soy sauce and rice (which was SO good_ but I tried to be better and drastically limited my portions based on how much I usually would have had, so I left there feeling pretty good about it.

Exercise was a bit harder for me to come by today. It not being a gym day, I really had to push myself to get some activity. My coworker was going to a coffee shop around the block and I offered to walk with her on my break, so I was able to walk for fifteen minutes this morning and I got to go on the trampline for a few minutes on my afternoon break. Took my puppy Chewy out for a walk when I got home (I made a deal with myself that I wouldn't be able to eat my sandwhich until all of Chewy's needs were taken care of first) so this way, I didn't sit down to eat and then not walk Chewy because I didn't feel like going out again after I ate.

For someone who's supposedly going to run a 5k marathon in October...Chewy and I didn't even make it halfway around the block running, and I wish I could blame it on the pooch. Ugh. Ah well, gotta start somewhere right?

WORKING OUT TO:


So What - Pink

1 comment:

Mary said...

When I first went vegan one of my biggest things was "OMG HOW AM I GOING TO EAT SUBS WITHOUT WHITE CHEDDAR?!! BLASPHAMY!" lol .. but then the first time I had it without the cheese I didn't even really notice that something was missing. I just assumed that for all those years, the sub was delicious because of the cheese...kind of a waste, really! haha so it's not a big deal at all, IMO, to go cheeseless at Subway :)

I really need to get on the fitness train...I am so ridiculously lazy, it's unacceptable. I've lost 13lbs since last year but I still can't run around the block without being out of breath lol.