Soooo, as if Marti and I haven't come up with enough crafty shenanigans (some of which coming up are SO FREAKING COOL, may I just add), we've decided to add another one to our proverbial plates - this one, not so crafty-related, hence the new BLOG!

So every month we've decided to set three 'small' goals for ourselves each in the categories of diet and exercise. We will focus on those goals for the entire month so as to not overwhelm ourselves or ask too much of ourselves (for now) so the temptation to quit is more unlikely (we're hoping!). If you wanna participate, feel free and let us know how it's working out for you! Or if you've got any tips, tricks, encouragement or suggestions, we ALWAYS want to hear them, so be sure to let us know!

Here we gooooo...


Monday, May 25, 2009

Day 18: I Heart Leftovers...

...I wasn't really talking about food leftovers, but now that I think about it, for some foods, I really like leftovers. Sometimes, the leftovers taste BETTER than when it was first cooked!

But anywho, I was thinking leftovers as in CALORIE leftovers! After the disastrous weekend of pure and absolute weakness (but oh, so delicious food *giggles*) I decided to buckle up and make up for it!

According to my calorie counter, I still have 369 calories that I'm allowed to eat! YAY! And you know what's even better? I haven't eaten it! I know!!! It's a miracle!

I was actually considering eating a Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich as a treat to myself, but then I decided against it because first of all, it's already after 9 pm and too close to bedtime and second, after that weekend, me eating a little better doesn't really justify a "treat" to myself. So ice cream is a no-go tonight, my friends!

I'm finding that if I wake up earlier, I'm not running around the house like a mad-woman at 8:25 am trying to get all my stuff and snacks together - which would be good since I'm supposed to BE at work by 8:30 am. *LOL* But it's just SO easy to turn the alarm off and go back to sleep! I've taken to actually leaving my phone (which functions as my alarm clock) across the room so that when it goes off, I actually have to get out of bed to turn it off. The sucky part is that sometimes, I'll get back into bed and go back to sleep anyway.

Anywho, nothing much from me today so I'll just check in with my food!

Breakfast
1 poached egg
Fibre 1 cereal with So Good soy milk

I realized today that soy milk is made out of soy (okay, that's not the realization part because I knew that obviously...but it was one of the parts that led UP to me realization) here's the next part...soy is like...a bean. Beans....want to guess what happened that brought that realization on? *LOL* Think like a 12-year old boy, it might help...if not, I might just lay it out for you...hahahaha...

Snack
Kashi Chewy Granola Bar in Peanut, Peanut Butter

Lunch
Lean Cuisine Tuscan Chicken Panini

Snack
Del Monte Peach and Mango fruit cup

Dinner
6' Subway Ham sub on 9 grain honey oat, no mayo, no cheese
2 Vlasic dill pickles

Total calorie consumption was 1,325 and I was allowed to have 1,694! Yay me! I don't even feel that hungry either! Didn't do too much exercise except for my Wii Active. Today was upper body and it required the use of the resistance band a lot, of which I didn't even feel. I think I'll have to get the other resistance band that is sold separately to try and challenge myself. I'm already standing really close to both ends by the strap and it's not giving that much resistance and that's pretty bad since I have absolutely NO upper body strength at ALL! I did a spectacular face-plant the last time I tried to do a situp - and it was an easy situp too, the kind where you're on your knees. Ah well, tomorrow is Zumba class so at least I'll have an hour of cardio under my belt tomorrow!

No comments: