Soooo, as if Marti and I haven't come up with enough crafty shenanigans (some of which coming up are SO FREAKING COOL, may I just add), we've decided to add another one to our proverbial plates - this one, not so crafty-related, hence the new BLOG!

So every month we've decided to set three 'small' goals for ourselves each in the categories of diet and exercise. We will focus on those goals for the entire month so as to not overwhelm ourselves or ask too much of ourselves (for now) so the temptation to quit is more unlikely (we're hoping!). If you wanna participate, feel free and let us know how it's working out for you! Or if you've got any tips, tricks, encouragement or suggestions, we ALWAYS want to hear them, so be sure to let us know!

Here we gooooo...


Thursday, May 28, 2009

Day 21: 5...

...is my NEW FAVOURITE NUMBER!!!

I know I'm probably jumping the gun a little since I promised I would do my weigh-in on Sundays, but I got on the scale today and did a complete double-take! It said 269 *happy dance* (BWAHAHAHAHA, someone just told me that I had made a typo...omg, with that typo it would look like I was doing a happy dance because I GAINED over 100 pounds! So what I meant was ONE sixty-nine *whew* THANK YOU for pointing that out! *grins*) 21 days ago, my scale reading was 174! I even got on and off four times just to make sure, but each time I was getting the same reading - showing me I'm 5 lbs down from when I first started! I'm doing it, I'm REALLY doing it!!! *screech*

*breathes* Alright...I know I shouldn't get so excited as weight can fluctuate every day multiple times a day, but for the longest time, this has been the lowest weigh-in I've had, plus it's really showing a difference! I'm working hard at something I normally quit at before I barely even start and it actually looks like it's paying off! I'm eating right, working out and losing weight! Who woulda thunk it?! No crazy fad diets, diet pills, blah blah blah!

As the day isn't even halfway over yet, I know I'm a little bit early with this post, but I'll be back with the rest of Day 21 later! Today marks three weeks! It took me three weeks to lose 5 pounds - to me, that ain't bad! I have another three weeks to go until the upcoming wedding, so by that day, I could possibly be down a total of 10 pounds if I stay on track (not counting the 15 $0.40 chicken wings that I ate yesterday *winces*).

More updates later! Choir practice was cancelled for this evening so I'm hoping that I can get in another Zumba class later! Look at me being all excited for exercising!!!

2 comments:

Mary said...

that is so exciting catherine!!! congratulations!!!!!
Once the results start coming in I find that it's all the easier to stick to the plan .. it's when you feel like you're working and working with no reward that I find I get really frustrated and lose interest. You're doing great!!!

AShu93 said...

Better check this post for typos - lol! I think you'd be mad if it said 269, but I know what you meant:)