Soooo, as if Marti and I haven't come up with enough crafty shenanigans (some of which coming up are SO FREAKING COOL, may I just add), we've decided to add another one to our proverbial plates - this one, not so crafty-related, hence the new BLOG!

So every month we've decided to set three 'small' goals for ourselves each in the categories of diet and exercise. We will focus on those goals for the entire month so as to not overwhelm ourselves or ask too much of ourselves (for now) so the temptation to quit is more unlikely (we're hoping!). If you wanna participate, feel free and let us know how it's working out for you! Or if you've got any tips, tricks, encouragement or suggestions, we ALWAYS want to hear them, so be sure to let us know!

Here we gooooo...


Friday, May 22, 2009

Day 15: Wanting is needing...

...even though I got a Wii Fit the LAST time I went on a "I need to lose weight" splurge; even though I got a gym membership and promised my husband that this time around, I was going to go EVERY DAY I mean, how couldn't I when the gym was just right around the corner from our place (didn't even see the inside of that gym after I signed up for at least four months); and even though I just bought a trampoline and weights because I was totally convinced that this fun little jumpy thing would TOTALLY keep me coming back for more; and even though I JUST bought the new EA Active for the Wii which I still haven't even had a chance to try out (oh, more on THAT later!) I'm convinced that I need an iPod to be able to work out effectively.

I must have the most EXTREME-EST form of procrastination. Don't blame me, I think it's a disease. Instead of just GETTING DOWN to business already, I keep thinking I need all of these things BEFORE I can really start working out and losing weight. UGH! I was like that when I started my crafting addiction hobby. I would be crafting along just fine and then hear about another tool or embellishment or whatever must-have and all of a sudden become CONVINCED that I wouldn't be at the full height of my crafting potential without that certain object. It's a sickness, I'm telling you.

Honestly, I have three MP3 players, two of which are iPod knock-offs. I can easily just use any one of them. Load 'em with songs and go, right!? What's wrong with me then? Why do I think that an iPod is all of a sudden going to make me into the Lance freakin' Armstrong of the marathon world? Like I'll be able to go 5k without breaking a sweat, if and only if I have an iPod. Apple must have some crazy kind of subliminal message going in the background of their commercials. I'm also convinced I need an iPhone, although I can't really tell you why.

The thing with me is that once some idea is stuck in my head, it doesn't normally go away until I HAVE what I've been obsessing over. It's a very expensive sickness, I'm telling you.

Anywho, here's something that'll take my mind off of this iPod insanity (I'm typing this as a person walks by me playing with their hot pink iPod Nano *whimpers*) the EA Active for the Wii! I have no idea how it is because I couldn't play mine! I woke up extra early this morning (that is a miracle upong itself, I tell you!) and got all dressed up to get sweaty and slid the game into the Wii and...NOTHING. Stupid thing wouldn't even LOAD! I tried loading other games I had and they were working fine, but stick in the Active game and nada!

So after much troubles returning the thing for an exchange, I finally have a new copy and hopefully this one will work out much better.

I've finished logging my meals for today and according to my caloric consumption, I'm not eating enough calories. It's so weird, and I thought burning more calories than you eat was the way to lose weight! According to My Fitness Pal, it's a no, no, here's why:

Based on your total calories consumed for today, you are eating too few calories. Not only is it difficult to receive adequate nutrition at these calorie levels, but you could also be putting your body into starvation mode. Starvation mode lowers your metabolism and makes weight loss more difficult. We suggest increasing your calorie consumption to 1,200 calories per day minimum.

How awesome is that? Maybe going to the extreme the other way isn't good for the body either...it kind of makes sense, though, right? The whole starvation thing? Huh...who woulda thunk it.

The breakdown for today's meal goes like this:

Breakfast
5 pieces each of diced honeydew and canteloupe
Astro Zero Yogurt
1/4 cup of Post Honey Bunches of Oats cereal to mix with the yogurt

Snack
I forgot! Oops...

Lunch
6" ham sandwich on 9 grain honey oat bread from Subway (no cheese! couldn't even tell it wasn't there!)
2 tbsp light mayonnaise
2 tbsp sub sauce

Snack
1 cup of baby carrots
2 tbsp Bolthouse creamy yogurt ranch dressing for dip

Dinner
Stouffer's Lean Cuisine Steak & Mushroom Panini

Water
Boo, only 3 glasses as opposed to yesterday's 6. Just wasn't feeling it today with the water...*sighs* It didn't stop me from having to go every 15 minutes, it felt like. I thought my co-workers were going to just lock me in the bathroom after the last time I went!

With calories to spare, at least this way, if I get hungry later on, I won't feel too guilty grabbing a snack! Although I was hoping to not be eating or snacking after 8 pm, we'll wait and see how it goes! The bonus so far, no confessions to make!

WORKING OUT TO:


1, 2 Step (Feat. Missy Elliott) - Ciara

2 comments:

~BridgetL~ said...

I am the Queen of procrastination. I had 6 weeks to lose 20 and I've worked out only once and I keep going out to lunch and dinner with family and friends.I only have 3 weeks left. I like coming here to see how you are doing. I'm sure it will all click when you are really ready. Like for me. One day I hope. I'm here to support you and wish you luck with all your new weight loss goodies.

Mary said...

I have this thing where I can't work out (or work on my thesis) unless the house is spotless. And I hate to clean, so it is never spotless..therefore I am never productive. But when it comes to social life or anything else, it's no problem at all if the house is a mess. wtf? lol

what do you use to count calories? I've been looking for something not too complicated to do the same.