Soooo, as if Marti and I haven't come up with enough crafty shenanigans (some of which coming up are SO FREAKING COOL, may I just add), we've decided to add another one to our proverbial plates - this one, not so crafty-related, hence the new BLOG!

So every month we've decided to set three 'small' goals for ourselves each in the categories of diet and exercise. We will focus on those goals for the entire month so as to not overwhelm ourselves or ask too much of ourselves (for now) so the temptation to quit is more unlikely (we're hoping!). If you wanna participate, feel free and let us know how it's working out for you! Or if you've got any tips, tricks, encouragement or suggestions, we ALWAYS want to hear them, so be sure to let us know!

Here we gooooo...


Thursday, May 7, 2009

foodie

so i think today was day 3.....



i thought i would talk a bit about some food today - my first observsation on dieting - eating healthy is alot more expensive and ALOT more work. BUT i loaded up on fresh fruits and vegies and then today i did some prep work so i would have some low point snack options. i made a big fruit salad and huge tub o' salsa.


now when i read Cat's posts and typed out my post it occurred to me that after having done a crafty blog for so long which is so photo intensive this blog was kind of BLAH! SO i took pics to go with my quick recipes!!






so fruit salad:



1 apple, 1 orange, 1 banana, 1 cup strawberries, 1 cup blueberries (and any other fruits you love.


Pour in 1 container of Key Lime Fiber One Yogurt (fiber one yogurt is THE BOMB!!!)
Weight Watchers = 1 point







And Salsa:


4-5 medium tomatoes, 2 cloves garlic, 1/2 rib celery, 4-5 green onions, 1/4 large purple onion, 1/2 bunch cilantro, 1/2 orange or yellow bell pepper, 1 jalapeno, 1 cubanelle pepper, 1/2 lime, salt.





Chop it all up tiny - i do the tomatoes first and then judge the rest from there.













This stuff is SO good - and perfect not just with chips but with chicken, fish, on a sandwhich wrap...


Weight Watchers=0 points!!

So there's my diet blog/foodie pics for you!!

and now i am off to bed!











2 comments:

stampingtink said...

Love the fruit salad recipe and I've been looking for a good one for salsa! I've started watching what I eat because my daughter is getting married in August so I've got to squash into something pretty! Good luck and I'm right here with you!

Anonymous said...

That salsa looks awwwwwesome!!! Definitely going to be trying that! I love pictures!