Soooo, as if Marti and I haven't come up with enough crafty shenanigans (some of which coming up are SO FREAKING COOL, may I just add), we've decided to add another one to our proverbial plates - this one, not so crafty-related, hence the new BLOG!

So every month we've decided to set three 'small' goals for ourselves each in the categories of diet and exercise. We will focus on those goals for the entire month so as to not overwhelm ourselves or ask too much of ourselves (for now) so the temptation to quit is more unlikely (we're hoping!). If you wanna participate, feel free and let us know how it's working out for you! Or if you've got any tips, tricks, encouragement or suggestions, we ALWAYS want to hear them, so be sure to let us know!

Here we gooooo...


Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Day 19: 10 freakin' inches!!!!

...okay, so I was having a good day until I got off the phone with my mother. Ugh.

I'm not sure if I've already mentioned it - I'm pretty sure that I have already - but I'm going to be a bridesmaid (or matron of honour) on June 20th for my best friend. To try to cut down on some costs, she decided that she'd ask my mom to sew the bridesmaids' dresses out of a dress pattern that she found. Now my mom is an awesome sewer..seamstress...or whatever you're supposed to call one that sews. But she can only sew from the pattern. No pattern means no sewing. But it was a-okay, Melissa's got the pattern for the dress and the material was bought blah blah blah.

She's just finishing up sewing the other girls' dresses and I told her to do mine last since I was still working on losing some weight. She calls me up yesterday and she is freaking out...well, as much as my mom can freak out...she's surprisingly calm through crisis situations...

Mom: Hey remember when we were talking last week...what did you say your waist measurement was?

Me: 44 down to 42, I think.

Mom: Okay, so the dress pattern that Melissa picked. Size 18 is the biggest and it's calling for a 32 waist.

Me: What?!?!

Mom: You can do it!

*LOL* So awesome that my mom believes in me...but 10 inches!?!?! OMG, there is no control underwear or Spanx that could POSSIBLY even help me get close to that...even if I wore, like...FOUR of them!

Luckily, my best friend is not your typical bridezilla waiting to happen. She's so relaxed and laid-back about everything. I messaged her soooo scared when I had to tell her what was going on and I TOLD her she could be mad at me and I would TOTALLY understand because brides with 24 days to their wedding do NOT need to be dealing with stuff like this! But I underestimated her - which I shouldn't have - and she just wondered what we could do to fix and and I said that there were two other dress patterns that I found that have bigger sizes to fit me and she had a look at the pictures and she was totally fine with them. She said she would never get mad at me for something like that and I was so relieved I almost started crying! *LOL*

Anywho, today was even easier than yesterday in terms of eating. For some reason, I'm REALLY under on my calorie budget! AWESOME! I think it's because today was Zumba day so I factored a 500 calorie burn from going to the one-hour class. I'm pretty sure the calories burned in that class is MORE than 500, but without an HRM (heart rate monitor) I can't be sure, so I'm underestimating, so I don't eat over my calorie budget. But my calorie counter shows a leftover amount of 911 calories that I could still eat and I'm not even hungry! I am *SO* pumped (even with that whole bridesmaid dress debacle, now that we've found a solution if I absolutely cannot fit into the original dress!) And I even ate something sort of baaad by eating that pizza at lunch! Ah well...

I finally got a chance to pick up the South Beach Diet book and I've just been reading and not necessarily going to follow the diet exactly. I'm just trying to get more ideas of meals and food and snack suggestions. The SBD is suggesting that for the first TWO weeks, you give up carbs (bread, some fruits, etc.) and it would target your mid-section. Once the first two weeks are done, you are free to re-introduce carbs back into your diet. I had heard that the SBD has been getting some bad publicity about it cutting out the carbs, but I think it kind of sounds like it makes sense. To give your body a jump start in losing weight and showing some progress...and then you build from there after the first two weeks. Meh...I think a lot of different plans could work for a lot of different people. Like I said, it's all in the magic of actually doing them.

I keep talking about my calorie counter, so I thought I'd show what it looks like:


You can click on the image to see the full view
So anywho...it's actually proven to be REALLY helpful. I know that the numbers may not be exact, but it gives you a pretty good idea of what range you should be staying in! I've definitely become more conscious of what I'm eating and reading food labels and ingredients and blah blah blah!
If you're interested in having a look at this and maybe even trying it out, check out: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/

1 comment:

AShu93 said...

That's a great site. Thanks for the suggestion. I always feel more accountable when I actually have to write it down.