Soooo, as if Marti and I haven't come up with enough crafty shenanigans (some of which coming up are SO FREAKING COOL, may I just add), we've decided to add another one to our proverbial plates - this one, not so crafty-related, hence the new BLOG!

So every month we've decided to set three 'small' goals for ourselves each in the categories of diet and exercise. We will focus on those goals for the entire month so as to not overwhelm ourselves or ask too much of ourselves (for now) so the temptation to quit is more unlikely (we're hoping!). If you wanna participate, feel free and let us know how it's working out for you! Or if you've got any tips, tricks, encouragement or suggestions, we ALWAYS want to hear them, so be sure to let us know!

Here we gooooo...


Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Things I've Learned...(Part I)

Some random facts and thoughts that I've learned on my journey to a healthier (and hopefully SKINNIER) me.


  1. You feel hungry the SECOND your mind thinks the word "diet"
  2. Using a tape measure and "creatively" measuring yourself doesn't make me any skinnier, so I shouldn't be surprised that my pants are STILL tight even though the tape "says" that my waist is 30

  3. Wearing a skirt is easier than having to unbutton and/or unbuckle a bajillion times a day because I'm trying to drink more water
  4. You can fool the scale by standing in different ways or putting more weight on certain parts of your feet. Doesn't stop my stomach from pushing my underwear down or folding it over.
  5. There is a difference in figures when weighing yourself before and after dropping the kids off at the school (yes, this is a personally tested fact). This fact leads to a conclusion that is yucky and interesting all at the same time...
  6. If you just DO it instead of jconstantly thinking that you can't, you'll find that you can.
  7. Confidence can come just from the mere knowledge that I'm taking better care of myself
  8. Women don't just glow, they can sweat. A lot. And it can feel good, except for when it gets in your eyes.
  9. Posting pictures of skinny girls in bikini's in bathing suits should not be your motivational tool. You should be working towards getting healthy for yourself - for your overall well-being and health and how being more energized and feeling better about yourself by doing good things for yourself can bring about some pretty good changes in your life. Being able to wear skimpier outfits and feel good in them should be a perk to the new you, not the only reason for doing it.
  10. I will bow down and kiss the feet of whoever it was that invented peanut butter.
    Peanut butter....mmmmmmm.....

1 comment:

AShu93 said...

I just found your diet blog today & it's good to know that someone else feels exactly like I do, plus you share it in the most hilarious way. You may just be the motivation I've been looking for. Thanks & good luck to you too.