Soooo, as if Marti and I haven't come up with enough crafty shenanigans (some of which coming up are SO FREAKING COOL, may I just add), we've decided to add another one to our proverbial plates - this one, not so crafty-related, hence the new BLOG!

So every month we've decided to set three 'small' goals for ourselves each in the categories of diet and exercise. We will focus on those goals for the entire month so as to not overwhelm ourselves or ask too much of ourselves (for now) so the temptation to quit is more unlikely (we're hoping!). If you wanna participate, feel free and let us know how it's working out for you! Or if you've got any tips, tricks, encouragement or suggestions, we ALWAYS want to hear them, so be sure to let us know!

Here we gooooo...


Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Day eleventy billion and I'm still here!

Hello, hello! I know it's been a couple days since I've updated, but rest assured that I have not completely fallen off the wagon. I haven't even fallen off at all really...the weekend, I was sort of hanging off the side of the wagon, but I haven't fallen off! Because...

CONFESSION: I've been having a love affair...*gasp* Yes! I am!

*deep breath* I've been having a not-so-secret-from-my-husband love affair with my scale.

It's been AWESOME! The less it gives me, the more I love it and I must be addicted or something because I keep coming back for more. In the mornings, before I do the morning biz-nas and even after! I go back for more after a workout and even before bed. I can't stop...

You know another thing that I can't curb? My whole needing more weight-loss tools/equipment addiction. I really can't...

YES, I totally caved and got a heart rate monitor even though I had previously told myself that I wasn't going to get one or even that I needed one. Of course I need it! How am I ever going to lose weight without it? Which is funny because I already was before I got it, but the good news is, it's actually REALLY helpful! Of course I had to get this one because it was PINK! It's so CUTE! Plus it tells me the time, the date, it records my weight (through manual input of course, I don't stand on my watch to get weighed), it records my calories in and also has a chronometer to time my workouts and to track the amount of calories burned. Of course it also has a heart rate monitor with an ECG something or other. All I know is that it keeps track of calories burned and that it's pink. 'Nuff said. Bonus, it was also featured on Dr. Phil, according to the box! I've been using it for over a week now and I was able to keep track of the calories I was burning during Zumba class, which is an AWESOME thing because I was totally over-estimating the amount of calories I was burning in that class, thereby throwing off my daily caloric intake blah blah blah. But anywho...

...the diet is still going as well. I'm trying to tell myself that I'm NOT getting tired of salad and balsamic vinaigrette, but I think the rest of me (especially my taste buds) knows I'm LYING! Every time I think of salad with balsamic, I just about gag. But mmmm...it's delicious, I love it. I'm trying different things to eat with it and so far I've been loving High Liner's Lemon and Herb Crusted Tilapia! Here's some eye candy!


Tilapi with garden salad and balsamic vinaigrette


Shrimp sauteed in pineapple juice and surprise, garden salad with balsamic vinaigrette


Chicken souvlaki with a garden salad and greek vinaigrette

The greek vinaigrette won't happen too often because I'm pretty sure it was baaaad for me!

Still going with Wii Active too! That was probably the best money I've spent throughout this whole month so far. I have been having an awesome time with it and it really gets me sweating - even though I look like a fool trying to jog on the spot and the stupid screen keeps telling me I'm going to slow even though I'm going as fast as I can! I hate to sound like an infomercial, but if you've been thinking about getting this, what're you waiting for?

Alright, gonna go see if the hubster wants to take the pooch out for a walk! And by pooch I mean the dog...not the stuff hanging over my pants...*LOL*

No comments: